Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Beach sculpture Kaikoura

Gabrielle Young, beach sculpture, Kaikoura
beach sculpture Kaikoura - by Gabrielle Young


I'm fascinated by some of the large sculptures that dot the New Zealand landscape.
I don't recall there being a plaque to describe this work (usually I photograph the plaques separately so I have a record of the work to explain to others) but will hunt out some details and put them on here later.

As far as I do know, they are carved out of macrocapa stumps with a chainsaw...

June 2011 update:
Thanks to "The Stone Guy", this is what he says...

That sculpture was by Gabrielle Young.
She's done a lot of funky work around Kaikoura.

3 comments:

  1. The stone guy12:17 PM

    That sculture was by Gabrielle Young. She's done a lot of funky work around Kaikoura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the info - I've updated the post accordingly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Im Gabrielles niece!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...